Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Brand new baby



My baby came 2 weeks early. I had a doctors visit to check my blood pressure (again- I had been going to the doctor twice weekly since 5 months). That particular day he said "Well I think today you are having a baby. We just can't risk you getting preeclampsia again. Go on over & get checked in & we will have this baby out by 3:00." I was shocked
I called my husband to tell him the news & I would have had him bring the new cloth diapers if it hadn't been enough on his plate just to find a sitter for our 3 year old & bring my bag with the babies things too. What a day that was I was staring at the clock and they were going to have to do the cesarian at 3:00 & I hadn't seen my husband?? At 2:58 he showed up!! A few minutes later she was in my arms & we were in love-all over again.
The whole time we were in the hospital I kept thinking how chemically the smell of those Pampers were. How I hated that smell with the first one. Something that strong smelling just didn't seem right to be put on a brand-new-to-this-world baby! I wished sooo badly that I had prep-washed my diapers so we could bring them & put them on her here!! Plus, I thought she waould look so much cuter in pink, & the other colors than the chemically smelling white paper ones. But we had to wait until we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment